NEWBERRY COUNTY — The Newberry County Water and Sewer Authority’s board of trustees has approved a resolution adopting an operating budget for July 1, 2016 and ending June 30, 2017.
Daniel Quattlebaum, NCWSA assistant manger, said no changes had been made since the budget was presented to the bBoard in May.
The water budget has revenue at $2,847,100 with miscellaneous revenue at $75,000. The total water expense is $2,879,700 for a positive result of $42,400. The sewer budget has revenue at $897,800 and miscellaneous revenue at $9,800. The total sewer expense is $1,025,000 for a negative result of $117,400.
The budget was approved after Lewis Lee made a motion and Jerry Koon seconded.
In other business, the board set the annual agenda for the next year and had the election of officers.
Brent Richardson, manager of NCWSA, said the annual agenda has stayed the same except for the exception of the draft budget. Richardson said they moved up the presentation of the draft budget to April to approve the budget in May. This move will allow them to have a bit of a cushion.
The rest of the annual agenda is as follows:
• July: Year end financial summary
• August: Year-end operation and maintenance summary
• September: Audited financial statement
• October: Employee handbook review
• November: Employee recognition
• December: Capital improvement plan review
• January 2017: Board work session
• February 2017: Operating policy review
• March 2017: Financial policy review
• April 2017: Rate and tape fee adjustments
• June 2017: Election of officers
During election of officers, Donald Stockman was re-elected chairman, Terry Rawls was re-elected vice chairman and Jerry Koon was re-elected secretary/treasurer. The terms are for two years.
• The board approved a resolution providing for the issuance and sale of a waterworks and sewer system improvement revenue bond not exceeding $1,694,000 of the Newberry County Water and Sewer Authority.
• Water distribution reported four main line breaks this month: Hamms Landing Road (eight inch poor bedding), SC 219 (six inch poor bedding), Werts Road (2.5 inch bad install) and Widewater Drive (six inch minor leak at fitting). Distribution also reported two new water services installed.
• Wastewater collection reported no line breaks this month and one new service installed.
Reach Andrew Wigger at 803-276-0625 ext. 1867 or on Twitter @ TheNBOnews.