Wednesday, Sept. 14
• 10 a.m.: The Creative Arts Club of Newberry will hold an organization meeting at the home of Linda Lominack, 906 Lominack Road, Prosperity. Members who are planning to carpool from Newberry should meet at Aveleigh Fellowship of Presbyterians Church parking lot at 9:30 a.m.
• 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Piney Woods Community 4-H Club meets at Park Road Baptist Church, 360 State Park Road near Dreher Island State Park in Prosperity. Open to ages 9-19, topics include canning, cooking, sewing, woodworking, electricity, community service, money gardening, shooting sports and more. Contact Bridgette Taylor at email@example.com or 873-8233 for more information.
Thursday, Sept. 15
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: The Newberry County Literacy Council offers basic computer classes at its office, 1121 Caldwell St. in Newberry. The free class covers topics including Microsoft Office, Publisher, emailing and Internet. Call 803-276-8086 for more information.
• 5 p.m.: The Newberry Water and Sewer Authority Board meets at its office, 13903 C.R. Koon Highway.
• 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Women on a Mission and CPG Outreach Ministry meets at Shiloh A.M.E. Church’s educational building, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Crystal Pitts-Glenn at 864-494-2320 for more information.
Tuesday, Sept. 20
• 11 a.m.-noon: The Weekly Readers Book Club meets at the Newberry County Literacy Council, 1121 Caldwell St. in Newberry. Call 803-276-8086 for more information. Books will be provided for each member.
• 6 p.m.: American Legion Post 70 meets. Contact Thomas Crisp at 803-940-2793 for more information.
Wednesday, Sept. 21
• 10 a.m.: The Newberry Newcomers Club meets at the home of Winnie Senn, 1412 Chapman Drive in Newberry. Visit newberrynewcomersclub.com for more information.
Thursday, Sept. 22
• 7 p.m.: The Ruth S. Pugh Foundation meets in the conference in the Braswell Administration Building, 115-A Nance St. in Newberry.
Daybook contains items that occur on a recurring basis, such as council meetings, civic club meetings and the like. Items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.