WHITMIRE — A kitchen fire caused a home in Whtimire to be destroyed on Monday.
Firefighters from Whitmire, Consolidated and Bush River along with the Whitmire Rescue Squad and Newberry County EMS were called to the scene on Sims Street.
The home owned by Snag and Brenda Bodie was totally destroyed by the fire.
The Red Cross is assisting the family, according to Whitmire Fire Chief Michael Thomas.
The family says the community has really come together to help them and they appreciate all that has been done.
The Bodies are also experiencing some health issues and ask that the community continue to keep them in their prayers.