NEWBERRY COUNTY — It’s never too late to get into a healthy exercise regimen and the Palmetto Conservation Foundation has brought a challenge to everyone across the state.
The Palmetto Trail Challenge is a 15-week walking and biking challenge designed to get participants active and healthy. The challenge starts March 4 and ends June 16.
Partners team up and log as many miles as they can during the 15-week period. Teams will be competing against other teams in the same category. Team miles are submitted and recorded each week. Prizes will be awarded to the top teams in each category.
The rules for the challenge are:
• Teams must consist of two people, any age or gender
• Pets do not count as a team member
• Team mileage must be turned in every Monday by 10 a.m. to log the previous week
• Miles can come from walking/biking on indoor stationary equipment or outdoors
• Miles submitted for challenge must take place between March 4 and June 16
• Participants should check with a doctor before starting an exercise program
How to submit your miles:
Team miles need to be submitted each Monday by 10 a.m. Miles will be updated and posted online each Wednesday.
Dates for submitting miles: March 11, March 18, March 25; April 1, April 8, April 15, April 22, April 29; May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27 and June 3, June 10, June 17.
For more information or to register, visit www.palmettoconservation.org/PTChallenge.asp. The Palmetto Conservation Foundation is also on Facebook.