NEWBERRY — A Newberry man pleaded guilty during a two-week term of General Sessions court to seriously injuring a man with a putty knife in 2012.
Johnny Raymond McGaha, 52, of Cottage Lane, pleaded guilty to second-degree assault and battery and was sentenced to 257 days in jail, time served. McGaha assaulted a man with a putty knife on May 24, 2012, seriously injuring the victim.
The two-week term of General Sessions Court started Feb. 4. Circuit Judge Eugene Griffith and Circuit Judge Frank Addy heard cases presented during the session.
Those entering guilty pleas and their sentences were:
• Adrian Bowers Jr., 60, Bowers Lane, Little Mountain, simple larceny, 30 days in jail; possession of drugs, three years, suspended to time served of 72 days, 36 months probation.
• Ronald Christopher Trapp, 44, 4140 Colin St., Columbia, possession of crack cocaine, four years, suspended to time served of 178 days, two years probation.
• Brandon D’Angelo Toland, 29, 281 Swittenburg Drive, Prosperity, drug possession, four years, fine of $100, suspended to one day in jail, $100 fine, one year probation.
• Nicholas Jay Bowden, 19, 6586 U.S. 176, Pomaria, criminal conspiracy, term not to exceed two years under the Youthful Offender Act, suspended, 24 months probation; possession of a controlled substance, time served of six months in jail.
• Santini Jawon Wise, 18, 170 McFall Drive, Prosperity, burglary, term not to exceed six years under the Youthful Offender Act, suspended, three days in jail, three years probation.
• John Allen Carr, 44, 2251 Stomp Springs Road, Clinton, drug conspiracy, two years, suspended to time served, 24 months probation.
• Jack W. Martin Jr., 66, 120 Slayton St., Whitmire, drug conspiracy, time served of 247 days.
• Lakendra D. Fowler-Davenport, 26, 1215 Giff Lane, Newberry, resisting arrest, 30 days in jail.
• Dalton Wade Slaton, 17, of 37 Orchard Park Road, Newberry, grand larceny, term not to exceed five years under the Youthful Offender Act, suspended to time served of 181 days in jail, 60 months probation.
• Robert Kevin Rowe, 44, of Indian Hills, Newberry, strong armed robbery, 10 years, suspended to time served of 120 days and 24 months probation.
• Courtney Montrell Robinson, 19, 218 Hardeman St., Newberry, possession of cocaine, sentenced to a term not to exceed three years under the Youthful Offender Act, suspended, 50 days in jail, two years probation.
• Alexander Kade Lanier, 17, 1326 Pearl St., Newberry, second-degree assault and battery, sentenced to a term not to exceed two years under the Youthful Offender Act, suspended to time served of 105 days in jail, 24 months probation.
• James Lee Spoon, 61, no address available, giving false information for sex offender registry, time served of 105 days in jail.
• Kevin Troy Jones, 27, 50 Chestnut Mountain Road, Travelers Rest, reckless driving, $200 fine.
• James Lee King Jr., 51, 2 Green St., Augusta, Ga., forgery, one year in prison, suspended to 25 days, 18 months probation, $300 restitution.
• Brandon Davis Jarnagin, 27, 4000 College St., Newberry, first-degree assault and battery, 10 years, suspended, 18 months with credit for time served of 77 days, 36 months probation.
• Jeffrey Antonio Belton, 27, 200 Saluda River Road, Columbia, burglary, nine years.
• Garrick Lee Bledsoe, 32, 268 Old Airport Road, Whitmire, second-degree assault and battery, one year.
• Shelia Afriraca Ford, 41, 314 Cole Trestle Road, Blair, financial transaction card fraud, one year.
• Leslie Diane Davis, 121 Hilltop Drive, Pomaria, second-degree criminal domestic violence, one year, suspended to six months in prison, five years probation.
• Charles Thomas Prewett, 37, 201 Granite St., Lexington, conspiracy to manufacturing methamphetamine, six years, suspended to nine days in jail, three years probation.
• Nicolas Camacho Gonzalez, 35, 1418 Silas St., Newberry, driving under the influence, three days, $500 fine.
• Thomas Lin Kennedy, 58, 4604 Woodsong Lane, Columbia, driving under the influence, one year and $2,100 fine, suspended, five days in jail, $1,100 fine, one year probation.
• Wayne Charles Smith, 47, 306 JB Fulmer Court, Newberry, driving under the influence, $400 fine.