The Newberry County Sheriff’s Department reported the following incidents:
• Lajohndo Fontant Glasgow Jr., 21, and Kevis Markell Summers, 22, of644 Pine Meado Road, Newberry, Tyler Terrez Williams, 25, 2541 Rosalyn Drive, Newberry, and Khalif Tijee Wells, 21, of 461 Bel Ivy Road, Newberry, were charged Aug. 24 with simple possession of marijuana and littering. Glasgow was also charged with failure to stop for blue light and siren and violation of a beginners permit. When officers attempted to pull Glasgow over for speeding, he sped up, and began tossing objects from the car. Once stopped, a white envelope containing marijuana was found in the front passenger seat. No one in the vehicle had a driver’s license and Glasgow only had a learner’s permit.
• Lee William Greene, 21, of 172 Roost Court, Lexington, was charged with simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on Aug 25. Officers smelled marijuana and alcohol coming from the car after Greene was stopped for reckless driving. A red marijuana grinder containing marijuana, two metal pipes and a scale were found in the car.
• Trevarivs Tyquan Elliott, 17, of 225956 U.S. 121, Whitmire, was charged with possession of marijuana and disturbing at a school on Aug. 22. Elliott was being questioned by Whitmire Community School officials for threatening a student. A principal searched his book bag and found a bag containing marijuana.
• Carlos Tonshawn Irby, 23, of 58 Irby Drive, Winnsboro, was charged with speeding, no driver’s license in possession and driving under suspension on Aug. 24. Irby was stopped after he was clocked going 94 mph in a 55 mph zone. Irby admitted he did not have his license on him and that it was suspended.
• Joseph Mandigo, 41, of 1505 McKeath St., Conway, was charged with failure to maintain lane and driving under suspension on Aug. 25. Mandigo was pulled over for reckless driving. His license was found to be suspended.
• Willie Ray Eigner, 59, of 204 Little Ranches Road, Newberry, was charged with public intoxication on Aug. 21. Multiple complaints led officers to Kendal Road, where Eigner was said to be harassing people and chasing cars. Eigner then made his way into a restaurant where he continued to harass people, and did not make a purchase. Eigner was recognized to have warrants out for his arrest.
• Randy Rodriquez, 50, of 242 Brooksridge Drive, Prosperity, was charged with public intoxication on Aug. 24. Rodriquez was found at the home of a neighbor, refusing to leave. She also refused to leave when asked by officers.
• Malverse Houseal Jr., 46, of 450 Four Oaks Road, Little Mountain, was charged with assault and battery in the third degree on Aug. 23. After getting into an argument with another person, Houseal started to punch the other person who began to bleed from his mouth.