Fire broke out just after 3:30 p.m. Monday afternoon at a home in the 200 block of Bell Street, off Hamilton Road.
LaGrange firefighters rushed to the scene to battle the blaze. According to the incident commander, a man working on a car next door noticed flames and smoke shooting out of the air conditioning unit. The good samaritan knocked on the door notifying the resident of the fire.
Smoke from the fire could be seen all the way from Main Street.
At one point the flames were so intense, it melted some of the siding on the home next door.
Flames were seen shooting out the front of the home and from the attic. Power had to be cut to the house as well, after electricity was arcing from lines running to residence.
The LaGrange Fire Department said the home was destroyed and the American Red Cross was called out to the scene. The incident commander said four people lived in the home, but only one was there at the time of the blaze. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
The LaGrange Fire Department and the LaGrange Police Department were both on scene. The investigation continues.