Whitmire Fall Concert Series begins this weekend
by Elyssa Parnell Staff Writer
WHITMIRE — This weekend will kick off the first of Whitmire’s Fall Concert Series by the Tyger -Enoree River Alliance. The concert will be at the Strand Amphitheater in Heritage Park in Whitmire.
TERA is a 501(c)3 public charity whose mission is to protect the health of the Tyger and Enoree Rivers in the Enoree District of the Sumter National Forest.
“When we considered that Heritage Park in Whitmire has a wonderful new outdoor venue in the Strand Amphitheater, it presented an excellent chance to reach out to the communities and people who live, work and play in the Tyger and Enoree River Watersheds,” said Jon Durham, who helped to organize the concert series.
The concert series will take place each Saturday throughout the month of October with a variety of genres including folk/Americana, bluegrass, country, and blues. Concerts will begin at 5 p.m., with Heritage park located behind Park Street Community Center.
TERA encourages everyone to bring a chair, blanket, and to come join in the fun. The concerts will be free, along with free hot dogs and drinks for concert attendees. Parking will be available along Main Street and in the community center parking lot.
A cornhole tournament will also take place each Saturday, with eight slots available each week. The winning team will take home 75 percent of the entry pool, and TERA will receive the remaining 25 percent. Registration is $15 in advance, or $20 the day of the tournament. Forms to register can be downloaded by visiting www.tygerenoree.com/cornhole
This weekend, the series will kick off with a performance by The Overmountain Men, featuring David Childers. Other performers lined up for the month include, Michael Reno Harrell, Christina Raine and The Square Roots, Mill Billy Blues, local band, Albatross, and a performance by Jon Durham himself.
“The event will provide an excellent series of free live music every Saturday afternoon and evening in Whitmire, while providing TERA the opportunity to broaden our reach to the people with an interest in our rivers and the Enoree District of the Sumter National Forest,” Durham said.
For more information on the event, visit www.tygerenoree.com.
Elyssa Parnell can be reached at 803-276-0625, ext. 108 or at email@example.com.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices