• Mid-Carolina High School Band’s spring concert is held at the Newberry Opera House at 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale at the box office.
• The Fifty Friends Committee — Relay for Life meets at 10 a.m. at the Bethlehem Garden Community Center at Vincent Street in Newberry. 2013 awards will be presented and material distributed for the 2014 kickoff. Contact Emma Crump at 276-3139 for more information.
• Forward Phases Enrichment Summer Camp holds registration at the Newberry County Library, 1100 Friend St., from 10 a.m. to noon May 24 and May 31 and from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays through June 5. Only 15 slots are left. The camp will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 9 to Aug. 1 at the Westview Conference Center, 800 Main St., for ages 6-11. Call 803-331-1859 or 803-479-8203 for more information.
• The Heirloom Needle Arts Club (FCL) meets at 9:30 a.m. at the Clemson Extension Building on Wilson Road. Faye Halfacre is program leader. Call Faye for questions or more information at 321-2371.
• Agapé Hospice/Newberry hosts a free neighborhood cookout from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Agapé Hospice house, 2521 Evans St. in Newberry. Contact Pamela Banks at 767-0723 or PBanks@AgapeSenior.com for more information.
• Hospice 101 is held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. May 28 at Springfield Place, J.F. Hawkins. The event is in Springfield Place’s Chapel, 2000 Springfield Circle.
• The family of Ophelia Jackson, who turns 95 on May 30, sponsors a drop-in from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. May 24 at White Oak Nursing Home.
• The Newberry Opera House Guild hosts a Shag and Line Dance from 7 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. May 31 at the Friend Building downtown. A practice line dance session will be offered to ticket holders at 7 p.m. May 30. Tickets are available through any guild member, the Opera House box office at 276-6264 or online at www.newberryoperahouse.com.
• The Clinton-Laurens-Newberry Tennis Association holds its third annual Mac Harrison CLNTA Round Robin Memorial Youth Fundraiser from 9 a.m. to noon May 31 at the Newberry College tennis courts.
• Pearl of the Piedmont Artisan’s Guild meets June 3 at 7 p.m. at Rebecca’s Salon in Whitmire. For more information, email Peggy Brickles at email@example.com
• Piedmont Technical College hosts a Job and Transfer Fair from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. June 5 at the Newberry Campus, 1922 Wilson Road. RSVP by May 28 to 276-9000 with the number of people attending and any special accommodations required.
• The Newberry County Literacy Council offers basic computer classes on Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its office, 1121 Caldwell St. in Newberry. The free class covers topics including Microsoft Office, Publisher, emailing and Internet. Call 276-8086 for more information.
• The Health Insurance Education Cooperation has a one-on-one with a certified Navigator to explore the options for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesdays at the Newberry County Literacy Council, 1121 Caldwell St. in Newberry. For an appointment call 465-6330.
• Women on a Mission and CPG Outreach Ministry meets every Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Shiloh A.M.E. Church’s educational building, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Crystal Pitts-Glenn at 864-494-2320 for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 558, Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.