• Trinity AME Church holds its second annual golf tournament at the Country Club of Newberry. This is a four-man Captain’s choice tournament. The cost is $60 per golfer. Individual golfers will be assigned to a team. All proceeds will go to Trinity AME/Nehemiah fund to rebuild Trinity. Contact Cleophus Langford Jr. at 803-924-3246 for more information.
• Newberry County Humane Society holds a bake sale at the Downtown Farmers Market starting at 9 a.m.
• National Night Out is held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. as part of America’s Night Out Against Crime.
• Moonlight Movie Night begins at sundown (8:30 p.m.) in Memorial Park in Newberry. The movie will be Zootopia. Call Newberry Parks, Recreation and Tourism Office at 803-321-1015 for more information.
Aug. 13 and Aug 14
• The Summer Stamp and Postcard Show is held at Spring Valley High School, 120 Sparkleberry Lane in Columbia, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission and parking are free.
• Woodmen of the World, 1420 Civitan Road in Newberry, holds a free hunter safety course from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring pencil and paper. Lunch will be provided. Go to register-ed.com/events/view/70671 to register.
• Newberry County 4-H holds a soap box derby race at Piedmont Technical College starting at 10 a.m.
• Interfaith Community Services meets on the fourth Thursday of January, April, July and October. Call Sarah Smith at 803-321-2155 for more information.
Out & About items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.