• The Men’s Fellowship of Mt. Pleasant United Methodist on Mt. Pleasant Road holds its semi-annual Pork Barbecue Supper from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Reese Fellowship Building at the church. Tickets are $10 for ages 13 and over, $5 for ages 4 to 12 (eat in only) and free for ages 3 and under. Pork hash is $7 a quart. Call Raymond Smith at 276-5518 or Andy Morris at 276-2670 for more information.
• Compassion and Choices SC hosts Are you Good to Go? Your End of Life Healthcare Choices at 10:30 a.m. at Springfield Place, 2000 Springfield Circle in Newberry. Doug Rice is the presenter.
• The Newberry Business Alliance hosts a 2016 Candidate Forum at 5:30 p.m. at the Newberry Opera House. The forum will begin at 6 p.m. Candidates for state and local offices are invited.
• The “More In You” Experience with Dr. Commodore and Friends is held at Newberry College from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit themoreinyou.com for more information.
Outside of Newberry County
• The 38th Pumpkin Festival is held at Oct. 8 at the Oolenoy Community Building in Pumpkintown. Festival activities will include parade, 150 booths of art, music, clogging, amusement rides and activities for children. The festival will start at 9 a.m. Call Buddy Cox at 864-878-2045 for more information.
Out & About items can be submitted in writing to 1716 Main St., Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.