• Pomaria-Garmany Elementary School holds a “Queen of Arrows” womanless pageant at 7 p.m. in the Old Pomaria School auditorium. Tickets are $3. A Chick-fil-A dinner will be served from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. The cost is $7. To buy a meal ticket, contact a member of the archery team, Coach Dianne Cotney at 940-7617 or Cindy Long at 321-2651. All money earned will go to sending the archery team to the World NASP Archery Tournament in Nashville.
• The Newberry County DSN Board of Directors meets at 4 p.m. in the conference room at Newberry Industries, 115B Nance Street in Newberry.
• The Book Discussion Group of the Friends of the Newberry County Library meets at 4 p.m. at the Hal Kohn Memorial Library. Susan Schumpert will lead the discussion on Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison. New members and guests are welcome.
• Partners for PRIDE, families of individuals with disabilities and special needs, meets at 12:15 p.m. in the conference room at Newberry Industries, 115B Nance St. in Newberry.
• The Newberry County Literacy Council offers basic computer classes on Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its office, 1121 Caldwell St. in Newberry. The free class covers topics including Microsoft Office, Publisher, emailing and Internet. Call 276-8086 for more information.
• Newberry Hospital hosts free classes from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the NCMH Wellness Center. The first Tuesday teaches basic exercises to lose weight and reach fitness goals, the second Tuesday is about eating right and enjoying life, while the third Tuesday is about congestive heart failure and how to reduce future health risks. Learn valuable lifestyle tips to living well with diabetes on the fourth Tuesday.
• The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 24 meets at 3 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Post.
• The Newberry County Disabilities and Special Needs Board meets at 4 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in the conference room at Newberry Industries, 115-B Nance St. in Newberry. Their April meeting has been cancelled. The next scheduled meeting will be held on May 12 at 4 p.m
• EatRight meets at 5 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the NCMH Wellness Center. The class offers tips on managing weight, cardiovascular health, portion sizes of food and more.
• Keep Newberry County Beautiful meets at 5:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month in the USDA Service Center Conference Room, 719 Kendall Road in Newberry. Contact Danielle Rowe at 803-276-1978 x-101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Town of Little Mountain Town Council meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Little Mountain Town Hall, 206 Depot St.
• The American Legion Post 24 meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at the Post.
• The Newberry Soil and Water Conservation District meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month (excluding July) in the USDA Service Center Conference Room, 719 Kendall Road in Newberry. Contact Danielle Rowe at 803-276-1978 ext. 101 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
• The Newberry Newcomers Club meets the third Wednesday of every month.
• Women on a Mission and CPG Outreach Ministry meets every Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Shiloh A.M.E. Church’s educational building, 431 Shiloh St. in Prosperity. Contact McKeva Kinard-Shelton at 537-1577 or Crystal Pitts-Glenn at 864-494-2320 for more information.
Out & About items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 558, Newberry, S.C. 29108; in person at 1716 Main St.; via fax to 803-276-1517; or via email at NBOnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 803-276-0625 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.