August 18, 2014
The Newberry County Sheriff’s Office reported the following:
• Tony Ray Sherfield Jr., 18, and Elizabeth Harley Danielle Sherfield, 20, of 19985 S.C. 72 East in Clinton, and Marie Meagan Wygant, 25, of 280 Hazel Drive in Clinton, were charged with simple possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia on July 31. Tony Sherfield was pulled over for speeding and marijuana was seen within his car. After permission was granted to search the car, more marijuana was found as well as syringes.
• Joe Allen Nance, 58, of 817 Wise St., Newberry, was charged with simple possession of marijuana and indecent exposure on Aug. 1. What originally was a call for a domestic disturbance led to an intoxicated Nance outside, where he was yelling and threw a chair into the street. During Nance’s arrest, he began to urinate in the front yard near the road. When Nance was taken into custody, during the booking process, marijuana was discovered in his pockets.
• Patrice Rakea Wyatt, 26, of 1763 Whitener Road, Newberry, was charged with simple possession of marijuana on Aug. 4. While being searched at the Newberry County Detention Center, a mason jar with marijuana was discovered in Wyatt’s possession.
• Jerod Desmond Sheppard, 25, of 680 Kendall Road in Newberry; Anthony Maurice Wise, 21, of 604 Green Meadow Drive in Newberry; and Shekinah Brianna-Glory Jett, 18, of 88 Powell Court in Newberry, were charged with simple possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on Aug. 6. Sheppard and Wise were given an additional open container charge. During a check point stop, Sheppard’s car was discovered to have bags of marijuana with black digital scales, opened bottle of Fireball Whiskey and a cigar made into a blunt.
• Crystal McCarson Knight, 34, of 3482 Hurricane Church Road, Clinton, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia on Aug. 6. Knight, who was initially being charged with shoplifting by Newberry City Police, was arrested after admitting a pipe that was discovered in the car she was riding in was hers.
• Antwan Shunolon Battle, 32, of 1119 Giff St., Newberry, was charged with public intoxication on Aug. 4. Battle was discovered to be intoxicated on Louis Rich Road after he contacted police saying he stole his mother’s purse. Battle then said that he did not take his mother’s purse, and only said that because he wanted to go to jail.
• Yunuen Mastranzo Sanchez, 18, of 1911 Augusta Road, West Columbia, was charged with driving with a suspended license on Aug. 5. Sanchez’s license was discovered to be expired after he was involved in an argument with a store over a return policy. Sanchez admitted to driving as well as being seen driving on camera.